Featured Free Software

Friday, November 24, 2006

Frivolous Posting

Frivolous: Unworthy of serious attention; trivial...Which is exactly what this post amounts to. Why am I doing it, when I hate it when I encounter it elsewhere?

1. Because I'm bored and I can post anything I want here.
2. Because I haven't posted in a while, and feel obligated to fill this space with some useless drivel, since I'm too lazy to actually write about something requiring effort.
3. I obviously don't care squat about your valuable time or inclination to maybe not return to my blog.
4. Have only 1 subscriber to my crappy blog...me!

Seriously, this post illustrates a pet peeve of mine and ironically something I find myself inclined to do. To post crap, basically! I'm not overtly lazy, but evidently have some basic laziness in my character, because I feel the need to do this. I think it's indicative of our society in general. We absolutely have to fill space with something, even if it's totally useless. Look at strip-malls, pawn shops, land-fills and/or YouTube if you doubt what I'm saying. We don't just have a throw-away society, because if we created worthwhile stuff in the first place, we wouldn't cast it aside so easily. It's a selfish and lazy compulsion to fill up space with something that required minimal effort to obtain or create, in order to bring attention to ourselves.

We create a buzz about our useless crap and then market it to the masses, and they eat it up like candy. When's the last time you heard about a new Internet craze featuring great works/discussions on literature, science or math that had everyone going nuts and the "E" channel featuring news updates, huh? Not going to happen. We'd rather salivate over who didn't get invited to the Tom Cruise wedding. Why? Is it the need to share in juicy gossip, misfortune, or simply mankind's innate predisposition to take the low-road over making any real effort when given the choice? Perhaps just boredom. Humankind has become too easily bored it seems...what with "E" news minute-by-minute updates on Britney's breakup...sigh... Wait, I just missed an "E" update darnnit!


Comment posted by Anonymous
at 11/27/2006 12:54:00 PM
I look at your blog everday


Comment posted by Anonymous
at 11/27/2006 1:04:00 PM
J Hann is watching you.


Comment posted by Natestera
at 11/27/2006 3:27:00 PM
Wow, a real subscriber, and a discerning one at that!! I again apologize for my frivolous posting now that my readership has essentially doubled...You been pickin any?


Comment posted by Anonymous
at 11/30/2006 12:33:00 PM
You seem surprised !
I love reading your postings.
You write very well.

Anyway, yes I have been picking allot. This weekend the big FSK Christmas Party.
You need to crash this one.
Cris will not be attending.

I will be attending the Country Gents CD party in Berryville VA "middle school behind my house"
They have found a Charlie Waller sound alike! What a find.
Dec 10th is the date , here is the link http://www.berryvillebluegrass.com/

You should attend. We can sit together and do cat calls from the mega crowd. Maybe Chris will come and we all together can recreate Gettysburg all over again.
Remember " This Is A Dying Festival" "Did he pay to get in? YOU DON'T KNOW" are among the many Gettysburg quotes that come to mind.
Remember- I'll be watching you and your blog.
JTH


Comment posted by Natestera
at 11/30/2006 7:20:00 PM
You forgot "take your hands off me"...

No comments: